One of the largest universities in the US needed to retire their aging homegrown Learning Management System (LMS), and upgrade their online classroom technologies by implementing Desire2Learn, a leading-edge LMS. The university faced aggressive project timelines, a large population of global student and faculty end-users, and complex system integrations. Vantage Point partnered with the university and provided technical analysis, project management, and change management leadership throughout the project implementation.
Vantage Point Results
Provided higher education expertise and project leadership during the 18 month LMS implementation.
- Successful migration of 90K+ Students to Desire2Learn
- 4K+ Faculty and 200+ University Staff trained to use and teach in Desire2Learn
- 700+ Undergrad and Graduate courses migrated to Desire2Learn
- Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI) integration with third-party systems
Created User Acceptance Testing (UAT) processes and facilitated UAT’s for Desire2Learn online classroom functionality, including:
- Roles and Permissions (Students vs. Faculty vs. Staff)
- Classroom Configuration and Functionality (Course Content, Gradebook setup, Class Discussions, Rubrics, etc.)
- Student Orientation and Training Videos
Supported the Desire2Learn LTI integration and UAT testing for the following systems:
- PeopleSoft SIS
- Equella CMS
- ARES Library Electronic Reserves
- Concourse Syllabus
- EvalutionKIT Course Evaluations
Created Data Analytics reports that predicted support incident volumes and drove Help Desk staffing/strategy.
Managed the creation of a self-paced faculty training course that taught over 4K faculty how to provide classroom instruction in Desire2Learn.
Delivered Desire2Learn training to the University Help Desk team that provides technical and online classroom support to over 90K students.